I began my journey as an entrepreneur 23 years ago. It has been an amazing gift…an amazing ride!
I was asked in a recent interview if leading Aspire has been a smooth road. I had to laugh. Loudly! Anyone who says owning a business is a smooth road is lying, ignorant or unconscious! The road is windy. The road is bumpy. The road has pot holes and needs repairs.
And more importantly, the road is an amazing journey, with insightful learning, many sights to see, and experiences that change your life. Great people, great friends, humbling moments (okay days) and whole lot of fun.
I think the toughest challenge is the personal worry. The worry about people. The worry about our work product and its evolution in support of our clients’ needs and market relevance. The worry about the economy and its impact. The worry about the journey of those I work beside as they go through happy times and sorrow.
TIP: Buy Proactive Smooth Road Protection Insurance
- Have knowledgeable mentors, models and coaches
- Work beside and ride with extraordinary people (team members AND clients)
- Listen. Never stop listening and not only with your ears!
- Stay humble or be prepared to be humbled
- Read…it stimulates your mind, helps you innovate your business, and minimizes ignorance!
- Don’t let worry be your energy source. It is negative energy and you need a lot of fuel on a road trip! Nothing positive comes from negativity.
- Have a direction. Know where you want to go.
- Watch for road signs (predictive indicators). They are always worth reading.
- Have fun! Enjoy all the elements of the road…