Employee engagement is key! According to Gallup, around 70% of American workers are either “not engaged” or “actively disengaged” at work. When you consider that the average American will spend at least one-third of his or her life working, this is a particularly sobering statistic!
It’s no secret…engaged people are the more productive, aligned and committed to the cause. Of course, the opposite is also true. Where you have indifference or lack of engagement you can watch your brilliant team become mediocre in no time flat. Engagement is the name of the game.
Here are the 5 foundations to creating an engaged team…one person at a time.
- Connection: it is the foundation to gaining trust.
- Being Heard: the most important communication skill is listening…. real listening. When the other person is doing the talking and feels heard they are naturally engaged!
- Compassion: when they see you are concerned, they will care. If they don’t care, why would they engage?
- Contribution: when we feel our contributions matter, we feel valued and being value feeds our soul.
- Personal Growth: nothing kills engagement like boredom! Challenge your team…raise their bar.
As a leader you can predict your performance based on your team’s level of engagement. In every aspect of life from work and career, to romance and parenting, your life gets fuller when you engage. Be a passionate engager.
PS: this formula not only works at home. It applies to creating truly loyal customers too!
#Leadership #Tips #Engagement #Mindset #Productivity #Work #Business